Higginson Strategy warmly invites you to:
Expert Bureau: The Future of UK Healthcare
Global Digital Discussion
Thursday 3 December 2020
12:00 – 13:00 GMT
Baroness Ilora Finlay, Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Health
Mr Richard Kerr, Chair of the Commission on the Future of Surgery, RCS England
Dr Adrian Boyle, Vice President of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine
Professor David Peters, Editor in Chief of the Journal of Holistic Healthcare
Alex Davies – Higginson Strategy, Associate Director
Over the past 30 years, NHS hospitals have come under pressure from severe staff shortages, rising demand and government funding squeezes.
Since 1988 the number of hospital beds has more than halved, while ‘no deal’ Brexit could mean even more severe stock and staff shortages in the future.
Meanwhile, the Coronavirus pandemic has seen the NHS reinforced in the public mind as the UK’s most critical public institution. Social norms, working practices and economic policies have all been redefined to protect the NHS, which has been inundated with COVID cases since March.
In this global webinar, Expert Bureau brings together experts to debate and take questions on:
• how government can better support the health system;
• how the public and private sectors can better work together;
• how the NHS can continue to treat COVID patients without deprioritizing other conditions
• the likelihood of further lockdowns to protect the NHS
• how preventative medicine can keep people out of hospital
Places are limited,