Job Title: Public Relations Account Director
Working For: Higginson Strategy
Location: London or Manchester
Salary: £55,000 – £65,000
We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Director to join our creative, friendly, and forever growing team,
working with a wide range of clients, supporting them with powerful purpose driven public relations, public
affairs and campaigns strategies. The role will also involve delivering campaigns and media strategies on
various inspiring client accounts.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years agency experience in PR, demonstrate leadership skills
and ability, particularly under pressure, a keen desire to make an impact in a forward-thinking agency and
to make the world a better place!
Higginson Strategy is an award-winning creative communications agency specialising in purpose-driven
organisations and comprising an ambitious team passionate about changing society and the environment
for the better. Our clients affect the world positively and include: charities; NGOs; and commercial
companies looking to improve the way they do business. We empower clients by putting purpose at the
heart of their organisation and spreading their message in a bold and attention-worthy way.
In addition to our client work, we deliver in-house campaigns on female empowerment and the
environment, as well as our own thought-provoking podcast.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing account teams and leading delivery on multiple client accounts
• Seeking out new business and ensuring that media coverage leads to business wins
• Reporting progress against plan via weekly updates and calls, monthly updates and quarterly reports
• Managing and developing client relationships
• Developing campaign strategy and overseeing its delivery
• Media engagement
• Account growth
• Identifying new business opportunities and drafting proposals
• Providing support for the development of colleagues and acting as a sounding-board in the
development of strategy ideas
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 4 years’ agency experience in PR
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent client handling skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft software
• Demonstrate leadership skills and ability, particularly under pressure
• A proactive work ethic and desire to learn and develop on the job
• Hybrid working environment (3 days office-based, 2 days at home)
• Training budget
• PRCA membership
• Car and bike salary sacrifice schemes
• 22 days holiday + bank holidays
• 2 spontaneous half days
• Christmas and family and friend’s bonus
• Regular team events/socials
Interview/Start Dates: ASAP
Application Details: If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a covering letter (max 1
page) outlining why you are interested in this position and responding to the criteria outlined above to:
Please note we do accept job sharing applications and flexible working is considered.
To receive priority invites and tips on how to communicate purpose please add your email.
Higginson Strategy organises a number of exclusive events for clients and friends over the course of the calendar year.