Account Manager, Manchester
£30,000-£35,000 (plus bonus) depending on experience
Higginson Strategy is an award-winning creative communications agency specialising in purpose-driven organisations and comprising an ambitious team passionate about changing society and the environment for the better. Our clients affect the world positively and include: charities; NGOs; and commercial companies looking to improve the way they do business. We empower clients by putting purpose at the heart of their organisation and spreading their message in a bold and attention-worthy way. We have inhouse campaigns on female empowerment and the environment as well as our own podcast.
We are now looking to hire an Account Manager who will manage the work of teams on different accounts to ensure excellent programme delivery for our clients.
– Think and act independently, taking the initiative when appropriate
– Pro-actively identify and pursue new business opportunities
– Manage AEs in the delivery of internal communications and manage upwards where necessary, coordinating the delivery of specific tasks within your team.
– Manage meeting preparations and lead routine client meetings, offering coherent and concise advice, and instil in the client confidence in your oversight and command of the account
– Draft proposals
– Develop strategic engagement programmes for clients/new business prospects
– Oversee and manage the delivery of programmes
– Plan and implement a media strategy through well-timed tactical interventions
– Produce concise and high-quality advice on the significance of developments, the consequences for the client, and what next steps you would suggest
– Provide a concise verbal report on the status of an account
– Be the client’s advocate within the agency, identifying needs in advance
– Take the lead in translating client demands into projects and managing the allocation of tasks within the team
– At least three years agency experience
– Strong management skills
– Understanding and management of the competing pressures of clients and profitability
– Management of strong personal client relationships alongside strong client-partner relationships
– Confident team player who understands the value to the company of directors and partners delivering positive news to clients
– Confident presenter playing an active role in new business pitches
If you are interested in applying for the role, send us a short e-mail detailing why along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.